A plentiful supply of clean water is a key component of our natural infrastructure. Our surface and groundwater resources supply our drinking water, maintain property values, sustain an agricultural industry, and support tourism.
– Kawartha Conservation
More information about our lakes and river system:
- Kawartha Conservation and our Lakes Management Plan
- Lake Marker Map
- Water Levels
- MNRF: Broadscale Monitoring Program
Native plants have multiple benefits for your property enhancement projects including:
- deep roots and soil stability
- aesthetic value
- filter rainwater runoff
- habitat for local wildlife
- food source for pollinators
- adaptation to local climate
For more information on planting native plants, visit Kawartha Conservation’s healthy gardens page.